Wednesday 15 August 2007

I am a Dreamer

A couple of weeks ago, I had reason to consider which one dream for my life I most look forward to having come true. My response was something like this:

“I dream of a time when no mother will have to watch their child die, of any disease, but particularly of any disease that could easily be cured if they had access to a hospital, or to a few units of currency. I dream of a time when every child will be able to have at least one square meal each day and no child will have to go to bed hungry. I dream of a time when clean drinking water, good sanitation and access to good health care are taken for granted by everyone in this world.”

Big dreams huh? But I always say it doesn’t hurt to dream. It doesn’t hurt to think big. Because everything is possible, if everybody who is able joins to work together.

Here, I think the important question will be how I am hoping to achieve my dream. What am I doing to make sure that these big ideas become an actuality? Right now, not too much. Besides talking to people, about the politics of poverty in the world and particularly in Africa, not a whole lot.

But someday I will. Someday soon.

No comments: